Thursday, 16 February 2017

My productive week!

I'd planned a work trip on Monday this week, up the M1 to Leeds, about an hour and a half. I haven't done any motorway driving since the stroke, a little bit nervous. On top of that, the meeting was with people who I haven't met before, on an exploratory subject..... a recipe for disaster......

Since the stroke I like routine, excepted outcomes, I like knowing where I'm going, physically and mentally. I like familiarity.

I was armed with my trusty SLK, my phone (Google maps and Spotify), an agenda (in my head) and faith in myself!!

My meeting was at 11am, I left at 9am to give myself plenty of time (if your always early, your never late..... ). The meeting was good, I got what I wanting.

Now, I don't know whether to say that I've had a stroke, or not. People say that my speech is fine, but I don't feel that it is. In my head I feel that I sound drunk or a bit slow. On this occasion, I went with the open disclosure. And it was ok. I think that I'm going to dive in to any conversations and see want happens from now on......

This has had a massive positive impact of my confidence. My week has been great!!!!

On Saturday I had first sparring session since the stroke. Gentle contact, but my confidence increased during the session. My word, my fitness is down in my boots. I was gassed!!!

On Tuesday, Tracey gave me my Valentine's card. She's been looking forward to giving it to me all week.......


I love my wife.....

See you soon blog fans......



2 comments: